Saturday, January 19, 2008

Factory Owners And Workers: Who Is Worth More?


"I'm not running for President because I read something in a book. I'm not running for President because some political consultant told me what I'm supposed to say.

I'm running for President because of 54 years of my life, I have believed to my soul that the men and women who worked in that mill with my father were worth every bit as much as the man that owned that mill."
~John Edwards, 'Mill' ad

I've always liked the rhetoric found at the Singapore 21 website. It claims that 'every Singaporean matters.' The cynic would say, sure, every Singaporean matters, but some matter more than others. :) As I said in my last entry, we need more emphasis on this sort of thing, not less. And we can't just say it, we should act upon it, if possible...

John Edwards nearly became US Vice President four years ago. He's trailing behind Obama and Clinton right now, but will be giving those two a run for their money. Go John!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Note : This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to "amazon.com" ** CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.